If you recently were diagnosed with COPD, you probably have a lot of questions. If you want to know exactly how it is typically caused, you can read about that here.
When it comes to treating your COPD, there are a number of things to remember:
- Your healthcare team is key to helping you start managing it.
- Medicine is available to control the symptoms.
- If you are currently smoking tobacco and/or marijuana, it is important to consider preventing further lung damage by quitting this habit.
- Talk to your Primary Care Provider – If you don’t current have a team to help you manage your COPD, we recommend finding a primary care provider. If you have medicaid, we are accepting new patients and can give you the care you need.
- Figure out if you need medication – In order to figure out what medicine you need, talk to your primary care provider. Your primary care provider will also help you find the right specialist for managing COPD.
- Considering quitting? Your primary care provider can help find the right program and be with you every step of the way to getting healthier.